Old Market Naklua is a historic market located in the northern part of Pattaya, Thailand. The market has been in operation for over a century and is one of the oldest markets in the area. It was initially a small fishing village and served as a hub for local fishermen to sell their catch to local residents and visitors.
The market is situated near Naklua Bay and is surrounded by traditional wooden houses and buildings. The market has a lively and bustling atmosphere and is known for its fresh seafood, local produce, and handicrafts.
Visitors to the market can explore the various stalls selling a wide range of products, including fresh fish, vegetables, fruits, and spices. They can also sample a variety of street foods and traditional Thai dishes, including grilled seafood, noodles, and curries.
In addition to the food stalls, shops sell souvenirs, clothing, and handicrafts, including traditional Thai silk, wood carvings, and pottery.
The Old Market Naklua is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, and it provides a glimpse into the traditional way of life in Thailand. The market is open daily from early morning until late at night and offers visitors a unique shopping and dining experience.
The Old Market Naklua in Pattaya, Thailand is known for selling a wide range of products, including:
- Fresh seafood: The market is located near Naklua Bay, which is a popular fishing ground for local fishermen. The market is known for its fresh seafood, including fish, crab, shrimp, and squid.
- Local produce: The market also sells a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, including mangoes, papayas, bananas, dragon fruit, and chili peppers.
- Spices and herbs: Visitors can find a range of spices and herbs at the market, including lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and turmeric.
- Handicrafts: The market is also a great place to shop for traditional Thai handicrafts, including silk scarves, wood carvings, pottery, and jewelry.
- Souvenirs: Visitors can purchase a variety of souvenirs, including t-shirts, keychains, postcards, and magnets.
- Street food: The market is also a popular spot for street food, with vendors selling a variety of Thai snacks and dishes, including grilled meat, noodles, curries, and desserts.
Overall, the Old Market Naklua is a great place to shop for local products and sample traditional Thai cuisine. It provides visitors with a unique cultural experience and a glimpse into the daily lives of the local community.
There are several ways to get to the Old Market Naklua in Pattaya, Thailand, depending on your location and preferred mode of transportation.
By Taxi: One of the easiest ways to get to the market is by taking a taxi. Taxis are readily available throughout Pattaya, and most drivers are familiar with the market’s location. You can simply tell the driver “Old Market Naklua” or show them the name and address in Thai (ตลาดเก่านาเกลือ) to ensure they take you to the correct place.
By Songthaew: Songthaews are a popular form of transportation in Pattaya. They are essentially shared taxis or minivans that follow set routes and pick up passengers along the way. You can take a songthaew from the city center or beach areas to the Naklua area, and then walk a short distance to the market.
By Walking: If you are staying in the Naklua area, the market may be within walking distance. The market is located near Naklua Bay and is surrounded by traditional wooden houses and buildings. Walking to the market is a great way to soak up the local atmosphere and explore the area at your own pace.