Top 10 Reasons to Live in Thailand
Thailand, Siam or the Land Of Smiles is one of the world’s top destinations for tourism and retirement. Thailand has so much to offer to almost anyone so here are my top 10 reasons to live in Thailand:
1. Weather – Nothing beats waking up to a beautiful sunny warm day with 20-30 degrees and breeze almost everyday. Thailand has a tropical climate with hot and wet seasons but even in the rainy season, it usually rains for a couple of hours and then you can enjoy the rest of the day in the sun.
2. Cost of Living – Thailand is one of the most affordable countries in the world. You can get anything you need and more for an affordable price and generally way lower than anywhere in the western world. Cost of rent, utilities and necessities is lower than most places and quality of life you get for that price cannot be obtained in the west.
3. Food – Thai cuisine is well known and loved around the world and you can’t get it anywhere fresher and tastier than directly from the source – Thai people. Food is everywhere in Thailand, from 24 hours food stalls on the streets, 24 hours convenience stores, shopping malls full of restaurants and probably the best of the best food courts you can get. Cheap, clean and delicious food with tons of choice all at your finger tips at all times.
4. Diversity – Thailand has something to offer for anyone, weather it is hiking, nature trails, wild jungles, waterfalls, mountains, winding roads and mountain villages, tropical getaway islands, mangrove swamps, lakes, crystal clear turquoise waters, white sand beaches and basting cosmopolitan metropolis of Bangkok and Pattaya with shopping, history and amazing nightlife.
5. Kindness of locals – Thai people are some of the kindest people on earth, always wearing a smile, willing to help you and make you feel like a king. They love sharing the beauties of Thailand with you and welcome you into their culture and families with open heart and wide smiles.
6. Culture – Thailand is home to amazing Buddhist temples scattered all over the country. A must visit for anyone wishing to take part in the culture and experience some quiet inner growth and peacefulness while escaping the hustle bustle of normal daily life. Holidays and festivals such as the Vegetarian festival, Song-Kran and Loi Krathong are celebrated and can be admired and also participated by you.
7. Transportation hub – Thailand is located right in the middle of South East Asia and is in fact a perfect base for you to explore all the surrounding countries such as Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia and Vietnam. Cheap flights are available to all of these locations all the time. Increasing the radius by a bit opens you up to the rest of the Asian countries such as China, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia, Korea and Japan.
8. Thailand has some of the best Tropical islands and picture perfect white sand beaches. Locations such as Koh Lipe, Koh Phi-phi, Koh Chang, Koh Phanghan, Koh Samui, Phuket and Koh Lanta are worldwide renowned and will astonish you on a daily basis.
9. Convenience – You are never far away from a Seven-Eleven or a Family-Mart. Both chains are open 24 hours a day and serve all you can imagine and wish for at affordable prices. In some locations, you can literally find Seven-Eleven convenience stores on 3 corners of a 4-way stop. Thailand has more than 10,000 Seven-Eleven stores as well as several other markets like Family Mart, Tesco Lotus Express, Big-C Mini, and Farang Mart as well.
10. Logistics – Thailand has a simple system to obtain the correct Visa for Long stays and enabling you worry free and stress free living. Sim cards, bills, insurance, bank accounts and other daily utilities and necessities and easily and simply obtained and maintained making Thailand an amazing place for expatriates.These are just small snippets of why Thailand is such an amazing place to live in, with a large community of expatriates living in Thailand to prove it. Welcome to Thailand – the Land of Smiles.