Jomtien Night Market is a popular night market located in the Jomtien Beach area of Pattaya, Thailand. It operates every evening from around 5 pm to late, and is a bustling hub of activity for locals and tourists alike.
The market offers a wide range of goods, including clothing, accessories, souvenirs, handicrafts, and local street food. Visitors can find everything from t-shirts and jewelry to traditional Thai handicrafts and unique souvenirs to take home.
Here are five things that are commonly sold at Jomtien Night Market:
- Clothing and accessories: You can find a variety of clothes, including t-shirts, dresses, and pants, as well as accessories like bags, hats, and jewelry.
- Handicrafts: The market is known for selling a range of handicrafts, including pottery, wood carvings, and woven baskets.
- Souvenirs: Visitors can purchase a variety of souvenirs, such as postcards, magnets, and keychains, to take home as mementos of their trip.
- Local street food: There are plenty of food vendors at the market selling Thai street food, such as grilled meat skewers, noodles, and fresh seafood.
- Electronics and gadgets: Some vendors at Jomtien Night Market sell electronics and gadgets, such as phone cases, chargers, and headphones.
In addition to shopping, Jomtien Night Market is also a great place to sample some delicious Thai street food. Visitors can try a variety of local specialties, such as grilled meat skewers, fresh seafood, spicy salads, and sweet desserts.
The market is known for its lively and friendly atmosphere, and visitors can often find street performers and musicians entertaining the crowds. It’s a great place to soak up the local culture and enjoy a fun evening out.
Overall, Jomtien Night Market is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Pattaya. With its wide selection of goods and food, as well as its lively atmosphere, it’s sure to be a blast.
Jomtien Night Market is located in the Jomtien Beach area of Pattaya, Thailand in front of the Copacabana Condo. Here are some ways to get there:
- By taxi: Taxis are widely available in Pattaya and are a convenient way to get to Jomtien Night Market. You can ask the taxi driver to take you to Jomtien Night Market and they should know where to go.
- By songthaew: Songthaews, or baht buses are a popular mode of transportation in Pattaya. These are shared trucks or vans with two rows of seats in the back. You can find them along major roads including Jomtien Beach Road where the fare is normally ten baht. The baht buses parked next to School Number 8 near Walking Street will also take you the market for ten baht.
- By motorbike: Motorbike taxis are a common sight in Pattaya, and you can easily find one to take you to Jomtien Night Market. Just look for a driver with a vest or jacket that says “motorbike taxi” on it.
- By walking: If you’re staying in the Jomtien Beach area, it’s possible to walk to the market. Just ask your hotel for directions or use a navigation app to guide you.
Keep in mind that traffic in Pattaya can be heavy, especially during peak tourist season, so plan your transportation accordingly. Also, be sure to negotiate the fare with the driver before getting in the taxi or songthaew.