Pattaya City, Thailand: – H.E. Mr. Anutin Charnvirakul, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of Public Health, will preside at the opening ceremony of The International Conference on Family Planning 2022 (ICFP2022), the world’s largest scientific conference on family planning (FP) and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), on Monday, November 14, 2022, at 15.30 hrs. at the Pattaya Exhibition and Convention Hall (PEACH), Royal Cliff Hotel, Pattaya.
ICFP2022 is scheduled to take place for four conference days from November 14-17, 2022, and will bring together more than 3,500 global policymakers, researchers, activists, and advocates from over 125 countries to Pattaya.
The conference’s co-hosts are Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health; the Royal Thai College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RTCOG); Population and Community Development Association (PDA); and the Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population & Reproductive Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (USA).
ICFP2022’s theme this year, “Family Planning & Universal Health Coverage: Innovate. Collaborate. Accelerate,” examines the important ways that family planning supports and intersects with universal health coverage. The conference comes at a critical crossroads in global public health and will provide a platform for leaders to define their FP2030 milestones and commitments against the backdrop of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
ICFP2022 Thailand Media Program
Monday, November 14, 2022
- 15:30 – 16:30: Pre-Opening Ceremony Press Conference featuring premier participants, including:
- H.E. Mr. Anutin Charnvirakul, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health
- Mr. Thawatchai Srithong, Governor of Cholburi
- Mr. Poramet Ngampichet, Mayor of Pattaya
- Mr. Mechai Viravaidya, Founder and Chair population and Community Development Association (PDA)
- Emeritus Clinical Professor Dr. Wittaya Titapan, President, The Royal Thai College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RTCOG)
- 16:30 – 18:00: Opening Ceremony featuring local entertainment as well as family planning experts, policymakers, and luminaries.
- 18:00 – 20:00: Welcome Reception hosted by the Office of the Mayor of Pattaya City to welcome delegates to Pattaya with a variety of food, beverages, and entertainment.
Tuesday, November 15, 2022
- 10:15 – 11:35: Scientific Program: FP In Thailand. A lively discussion on family planning in Thailand, including FP’s evolution and integration into the country’s health system as well as successes through non-conventional strategies and the future demographic challenges for Thailand.
- Opportunities to interview spokespeople from UNFPA on the news that the world’s population is projected to reach 8 billion on November 15.
Monday-Thursday, November 14-17, 2022
- 8:00 – 19:00: Royal Exhibition Hall showcasing historical milestones, contraception innovations, and social benefits achieved in Thailand through family planning.
All ICFP2022 events will take place at the Pattaya Exhibition and Convention Hall (PEACH) as well as be made virtually via www.icfp2022.org.
The original version of this article appeared on our sister website, The Pattaya News, owned by our parent company TPN media.