Top Ten Tips Of Finding Work In Pattaya
- Visit Pattaya and get to know business owners, even if they have a different business to what you would like to work in, or even if they have said no to your proposal in the past. Good business owners find good people and make roles for them. Every business owner connects with each other in Pattaya and they do talk.
- Be nice to everyone, it’s a small town and if you exit companies badly or attack people online, companies will find out. But the tip here is to be positive on social media and anything you do online.
- Write on various websites to get a name for yourself, post things in Pattaya related groups, help business owners for free.
- Find events on meetup.com, post you are looking for work on bahtsold, look on jobsdb.com, check the Pattaya Job groups, go to any networking events such as the two Sunday expat groups.
- People are unlikely to give you a job over email, especially if you cant apply in person, most people ask for work and walk away after they are rejected. Pattaya is a small transient town and you must build up relationships and references.
- Learn Thai – knowing Thai or other languages really helps in this town, also Chinese and Russian, get your CV or proposal in Thai also, because Thai people need foreigners working for them also
- Be prepared to work for less or free to start with, it’s not easy here to make money, but if you add enough value, then a pay rise should be granted. Some business owners are scared to create new roles because its a risk that they will lose money, you can take that risk away by doing a free trial. For example, you can find a business with poor social media exposure and take over it for them, you can agree a salary or payment later on if they want you to continue it. (check work permit link below)
- Show that you are really prepared to work, that you are on time and you will actually turn up, this town is full of people in party mode, sometimes its better to have someone more reliable and loyal, than skilled.
- Be prepared to adapt and learn because this town isn’t big enough to find the jobs that you may want, there is always promotions within a company later on, but just getting a job in this town is a good start.
- Be someone that is verifiable, a real name with real friends from back home, with real references off mutual friends. This town has many liars, fakers and people that use fake names and disappear. Genuine people with verifiable backgrounds and friends are appreciated.Further reading
Work Permit Requirements
Jobs Wanted – Bahtsold (a very popular website)
Facebook – Pattaya Jobs